Re: still not hearing ctrl key and some other keys

Quentin Christensen

If you want to use it to check whether keys are working or find out what keys are on a new keyboard, press NVDA+1 (number row 1) to turn input help on.  Then it will read every key you press without doing anything, so you can test what different keys are or whether they work.

Once finished, press NVDA+1 again to turn input help off.

Re speak command keys, you can also toggle this with NVDA+4 (again 4 on the number row).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 7:16 AM, Rosemarie Chavarria <knitqueen2007@...> wrote:

Hearing all that extra verbage would drive me batty too.