Re: Scanner / OCR recommendation

Ian Blackburn

I would recommend standalone scanning solutions for privacy issues

Such items as read easy move do a good job
You can use your phone with its apps for things that are not private
Because who knows if a computer is connected to the Internet how the software actually works
I mean does it send it to a remote server for processing for example
And then what happens to the image there
Just my thoughts regards Ian

On 1 Mar 2018, at 7:36 am, Blee Blat <bleeblat@gmail.com> wrote:

I was wondering the same thing. I currently have a phone and computer but not a standalone scanner. How good is OCR these days? Should I get a scanner for things like legal documents and other important stuff. I don't always have people handy to read things. What's the most accurate software anyway? Is there something reasonably portable?