From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@nvaccess.org>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Wednesday, February 28, 2018 11:28 PM
Subject: [nvda] Scanner / OCR recommendation

Hi everyone,

I've got a query about a standalone scanner. Is the OCR software which
comes with any of the scanners such as Epson or Canon accessible (or even
have an accessible Word plugin), or which third-party OCR would be worth
considering?

I've personally used Omnipage and Abbyy in the past, and also had a scanner
with an OCR plugin for Word that worked well, even though the main software
wasn't great, but I haven't looked at anything recently to recommend.

Kind regards

Quentin.

--
Quentin Christensen