Huh! You learn something new every day. Even though they're homoglyphs,
toggle quoted messageShow quoted text
as Unicode characters, they should have different values, no? Obviously
you'd want NVDA to report values or make different sounds, so that a
Latin 'a' in bank didn't get replaced with a Cyrillic 'a' and read the
same as 'bank'. I'm surprised the characters are silent when moving by
character though. In theory every single Unicode character has a name,
so you'd think they'd be pretty easy to report. At least I know what's
going on now, thanks!
On 3/1/2018 15:33, Marshall handheld Flax wrote:
Some links that explain this:
It's an interesting question as to what NVDA could do, or even what
the proper approach should be. If you only care about English
readers, then perhaps all letters that look like "g" should perhaps be
changed to "g". But these lookalike Unicode characters are there for
a reason, and it's hard to know in general when to do the substitution.
On Thu, Mar 1, 2018 at 4:23 PM, John Isige <gwynn@...
Hi all. Got some spam email today, I don't care about the spam
obviously, but I found something interesting. Here's the subject and
possibly the sender.
Gᴇᴛ ADT ᴍᴏɴɪᴛᴏʀɪɴɢ ɴᴏᴡ ғᴏʀ Fʀᴇᴇ ᴏɴ ᴇǫᴜɪᴘᴍᴇɴᴛ ADT Aᴜᴛʜ DLR SᴀғᴇSᴛʀᴇᴇᴛs
If I read that as a line, I hear letters and tone changes for question
marks, and the words "question mark". If I read by character, I get a
lot of silent characters. I sent it to my wife, joking that the spam
people needed to make their stuff readable if they want to hook
says it's perfectly readable text to her. Obviously I could care less
about what the spam people are trying to hook me with, some sort
security system I think. But I'm interested in why it show up as
perfectly readable text to her, but gibberish to me.
I'm using NVDA, 2018.1-RC1, Windows 1709 or whatever the latest
the latest Thunderbird. I don't think it has anything to do with
or Thunderbird, unless I need different fonts installed in Windows, or
different Unicode character settings for Thunderbird or something. The
thing that makes it interesting to me is of course, that sort of stuff
might show up somewhere else, and I really would care about what it
says. So I was curious if there's anything I can do to turn that into
readable text to NVDA. Oh yeah, SAPI5 Eloquence from Code Factory, in
case the synthesizer matters.