Re: NVDA GENERAL,

Mallard

Hello William,

I'm definitely not an NVDA proficient user, but your last sentence made me think.

Are you using a laptop, by any chance?

If so, you should set your keyboard layout to "Laptop"

(NVDA Menu - Keyboard settings), and then follow the list of commands and keyboard shortcuts for laptops, rather than the one for desktops.

hth,

Ollie

Il 04/05/2016 11:45, willmac@lantic.net ha scritto:
Hi All,
I am new to this group and must apologise at the outset for my ignorance if I am not following tghe correct Protocol.
I am partially sight impaired and the deteriation seems to be more rapid at he moment which has resulted in my looking for
a program which will assist me to operate my computer.
I recently installed NVDA and it seem to just what I need.
However, I seem to have difficulty in mastering even the basics and am wondering if I can get some assistance. (Skype???)
Very few of the shortcut keys seem to work for me.
Regards,
William