Re: NVDA doesn't work with bandcamp web site

Gene

That isn't an efficient way to find the name of the track on a site who's layout you don't know.  It is likely to be a heading or you may find it reasonably efficiently if it isn't by using the skip blocks of links command.  On this page, the name is a heading.  After you see the name and look down to see if there is other information you want to see such as the name of the group, using the b command is the most efficient way to get to the control.  Just using commands like page down and arrow keys doesn't give you any point of reference.  You are just moving a certain distance you hope will place you on or near the item.  Searching for likely structures such as a heading is a much better bet when a page layout isn't known.

From: John Isige
Sent: Sunday, March 04, 2018 1:47 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] NVDA doesn't work with bandcamp web site

I do know them, yes. I use the arrows because there are a lot of other
buttons, plus I probably want to see the track name first. So I'll use
something like page down or headings to get to the tracks, and navigate
through them. In any case, yeah, get on the button however you do it,
the real thing you need is routing and clicking with the slash. That's
why I said "I use the arrow keys", implying that you could do whatever
the hell you like.