NVDA does have a restriction on only allowing one NVDA dialog to be open at a time, but it will give a message explaining this if you do try to open multiple dialogs.
Kind regards
Quentin.
On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 11:51 AM, Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@... <mailto:jaffar.sidek10@...>> wrote:
Hi.  I had the same problem.  Just press control n again as if you
are starting NVDA and it will refresh it self.  Cheers!
On 5/3/2018 3:31 AM, Chris via Groups.Io wrote:

Try another reboot see if that works

__ __

*From: *Brice Mijares <mailto:bricemijares@...>
*Sent: *04 March 2018 19:21
*To: *nvda@nvda.groups.io <mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
*Subject: *[nvda] can't get into preferences

__ __

Earlier I went into preferences and unchecked NVDA at log in
screen and

unchecked  load automatically after bootup. The reason I did this is

that NVDA was taking longer than usual to completly load. After I

rebooted the machine and loaded NVDA manually, I couldn't get into

preferences to recheck these to check boxes. Any Ideas before I
have to

uninstall and reinstall? thanks.

__ __

__ __