Re: Intro & a Question

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  I have used Band in the box before.  It was accessible with window eyes and jaws, but I used it many years back, so I can't tell if accessibility standards are being maintained  these days.  I'll download a trial version later on to see if it will work with NVDA and let you know.  However, my hopes are not high as Band in the Box was programmed way before NVDA was even thought off, but we'll see.  Cheers!

CJ,

I was just going with a double-pronged approach.  Hopefully there are some users here familiar with the program who can give you some tips.  As someone who isn't familiar with Band-in-a-box (I've heard of it, I just haven't used it myself),  figured writing to the developer of that software might get some reassurance from them that they have considered accessibility, and at the very least, it reminds them that screen-reader users exist and make up some of their user base (or potential user base at any rate).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 1:55 PM, CJ Daniel <cj.bear.daniel@...> wrote:
Quentin,

Thanks for taking the time to respond.  But, I’m a little confused.  Are you recommending that I inquire from PG Music, the makers of Band-in-a-Box, if NVDA works with their application?  If so, I was hoping to buy the horse before purchasing the cart…*smile*

I’d like to find out if anyone using NVDA has tried it with Band-in-a-Box?  That seems like the most likely approach.  But, thanks, again, for the kind reply.

Thanks,

CJ

On Mar 4, 2018, at 6:06 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...> wrote:

HI CJ,

I must admit, I don't know off the top of my head.  You could always write to them and ask.  I just looked up their website and found support@....  I will write to them as well, but of course, if there are any issues, the more users and potential users they hear from, the more incentive they have to give them a higher priority.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 7:43 AM, CJ Daniel <cj.bear.daniel@...> wrote:
Hi,

I’m new to the list & wanted to introduce myself & my question.  My Name is CJ & I, currently, use an iMac, in addition to my iPhone.  I was a Windows, with JAWS & Window-Eyes, user for years.  I’m considering creating a virtual Window’s machine on my 2017 iMac.

But, my particular applications are mostly music creation driven.  One of the applications I miss most from my Window’s period is Band-in-a-Box.  While there is a Mac version, it is almost completely inaccessible for VoiceOver user’s.  So, all of that being said, I’m wondering if NVDA is usable with Band-in-a-Box.  I did root around on the net, but couldn’t find exact information on this topic.  There was a hint that JAWS works better for this purpose, but I really don’t want to go back to supporting it’s makers & their financial policies, if I can avoid it.

Any information would be greatly appreciated,

CJ

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager