From: Gene New Zealand
Sent: Friday, March 2, 2018 2:53 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] New user questions: voice rate, reading message in WLM.

Hi Janet

I do not use the programthat you metion so no answer there.

The answer to the second questions is press the ctrl key +nvda key + the letter V

next tab down to rate boost and check it with the space bar it is just under the rate one.

it might be a good idea first to drop the rate right down then check the rate boost box first then go back up and speed it up via the rate one.

The reason for that is it might go 2 fast and you may not be able to under stand it.

By the way which synth/voice package are you using? as it may not work on some other synth packages but will for sure on the e speak one

You will see what i mean if you try it with e speak and then with one that might not work with it.

Gene nz

On 3/3/2018 5:27 AM, Janet Brandly wrote:
Hello everyone,

After using Window-Eyes for many years I started using NVDa about a week ago and am quite impressed so far. Hopefully someone can answer a couple of questiongs: First, when reading messages in WLM, the message doesn’t start reading automatically when I open it. I have to first press “tab” which then says document. Then it reads the first and last lines. I have to use the up and down arrow keys to read the entire message. How can I read messages more smoothly and automatically? when I open them?

Second, I have the voice rate set to 100% which is sometimes too slow, especially when going through long lists of messages. I remember seeing somewhere that the rate can be increased up to 300%, but I don’t remember how to do this. Would someone please refresh my memory?

Thanks for your help, I’m sure I will have more questions over the next few weeks.

Janet

--
Image NVDA
        certified expert