Re: NVDA still freezing, don't know what the deal is

Sharni-Lee Ward

The problem with the Linda voice that I was experiencing was that she
basically sounded like she was distorted by being at max volume and too
close to a microphone at the same time, and there was something about
the way she sounded that was hurting my ears. I couldn't bear it! Were
you using headphones? I was.

As for the Braille Table thing, I was particularly annoyed by a few of
the inconsistencies because I got the Braille Display specifically to be
able to read fanfics and other things in Braille, as well as write in my
native writing language, so to speak. I haven't written much with the
display, partly because NVDA does not currently allow one to input
contracted Braille (which makes it less fluid for me to write,
especially when I accidentally do a contraction and have to delete a
number flanked by slashes), and partly because of the issue described in
this thread, though I haven't tried typing with the display when it's
connected for a long period. I wish I could type in Grade 2. Jaws users
can. :(

On 4/05/2016 6:32 PM, Brian's Mail list account wrote:
There are some comments about this table issue I noticed in the
keynote speech which I listened
to.
Did not understand it though.
Brian