From: "Quentin Christensen" <quentin@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 06, 2018 2:34 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Moving focus to where one needs to be rather than just the PC cursor position

Hi Hank,

Numpad Plus does a say all with the review cursor (with desktop keyboard
layout). NVDA+numpad plus doesn't do anything (to my knowledge).

NVDA+numpad Enter (in desktop keyboard layout) will activate the current
object, so there are various ways to get to a particular object, using any
of the object navigation commands.

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Tue, Mar 6, 2018 at 5:45 AM, The Wolf <hank.smith966@...> wrote:

so do you use
numpad plus
rather nvda numpad plus
and then nvda numpad enter?

On 3/5/2018 6:30 AM, Nancy Shackelford wrote:

Ah, I need to be doing your first piece of advice, and thank you ver much
for this help. I will try the numpad+numpadEnter next time a similar
siguation presents itself.

Thanks again,

Nance

On Sun, Mar 4, 2018 at 6:54 PM, Quentin Christensen <quentin@...>
wrote:

Hi Nancy,

If you are using the review cursor and / or object navigation to move
through a document / web page / application, and want to activate the
current item, try NVDA+numpad enter (or with laptop keyboard layout
NVDA+enter). In many cases this will activate the current item similar to
clicking on it with the mouse.

You can also try moving the system focus to the current item by pressing
NVDA+shift+numpad minus (with laptop key layout press
NVDA+shift+backspace). At that point, you may be able to activate the item
with SHIFT or ENTER etc depending on what it is and what you want to do.

In the User Guide, see: https://www.nvaccess.org/
files/nvda/documentation/userGuide.html#ObjectNavigation

In the Basic Training for NVDA see the "NVDA Review Cursor" section and
the following "Object Navigation" section. You can download the Review
Cursor section for free as a trial of the book from:
https://www.nvaccess.org/product/basic-training-for-nvda-ebook/ (there
is a "Basic NVDA Training eBook sample" link on that page).

Kind regards

Quentin.

On Mon, Mar 5, 2018 at 1:15 AM, Nancy Shackelford <
n.k.nancelady@...> wrote:

I have found on apps dialogues and on web pages as well that I can read
things with the numpad keys but can't make the cursor focus on these items.
I cannot find this in the help topics. Can I do this, and if so, please
list commands.

Thanks in advance,

Nance

Quentin Christensen