Re: NVDA 2018.1 released

Quentin Christensen

Hi Sylvie,

I must admit I need to test this more myself, but reading: https://support.google.com/docs/answer/6057417?co=GENIE.Platform%3DDesktop&hl=en it indicates you need to enable screen reader support, and then enable braille support as well in Google sheets itself.  It also gives a little info on using the routing keys on the display to navigate.

Let me know whether that does or doesn't help!

Quentin.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 3:22 AM, Sylvie Duchateau <sduchateau@...> wrote:

Hello Quentin and all,

Thanks for the good news on NVDA 2018.1.

While reading "what's new" in this version, I saw the following statement:

"Early support for Google Sheets with Braille mode enabled. (#7935)"

What does it mean?

I could not get Braille to work in Google Sheets with this new version.

Thank you for your response.

Best

Sylvie

Le 08/03/2018 à 06:23, Quentin Christensen a écrit :
Hi everyone,

The first release of #NVDASR for 2018 is finally here. Links to download and what's new in this release found at:

While downloading, please consider helping us to continue our work by making a single donation or becoming a monthly donor at http://nvaccess.org/donate

NVDA is empowering the blind across the world. Check out how in our recent video: https://youtu.be/Ks7AwV_uxO0

--
Quentin Christensen