From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Ian Blackburn
Sent: Thursday, March 08, 2018 10:11 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] CAVI is offering free audio editing classes

I have attended their introduction to computer courses Way back in 2005 and 2006 They
were worthwhile doing Lectures were quite casually delivered For people in real needs
are used to be scholarships for the course Regards Ian On 9 Mar 2018, at 1:04 pm, Vlad
Dragomir <vladdragomir1983@...> wrote:

Hello all,

First of all, thanks to the initial poster. Without you, I would have never known about
this site.

Second, has anyone attended any courses of this Cavi school? On one hand, the idea of
accessible courses seems fantastic, I'm particularly interested in their computer
related programmes. On the other hand, the site seems a little bit abandoned, there are
contradictions on different pages, especially when it comes to availability, the newest
pages are from 2017. Besides, their prices aren't as affordable as they pretend, at
least from my very personal prospective. Financially, it would be a big effort for me.
I might be in a minority here, so I do apologise for this last thought, but if they
offered real discounts, I believe they'd have much more students. Let's face it, the
blind are rarely rich, unless their names are Stevie Wonder or Andrea Bocelli. If
NVAccess can offer NVDA for free and keep existing through donnations, why not
CiscoVision? I humbly admit it, I have much more respect for NVAccess and their
generous model, and enthusiastically became a monthly donner recently.

Sorry again, this isn't exactly related to NVDA, but I thought I'd pop in with these
very unobjective remarks. Thanks for reading.

Best,

Vlad.