From: "Casey" <cwollner@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Friday, March 09, 2018 3:42 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anti Virus Program

Hi where can you get this clamwin from?

And what does it take to set it all up?

On 3/8/2018 10:57 PM, Sam Taylor wrote:

Try Clamwin antivirus. it's effective, small, portable and free.

On 9/03/2018 14:20, Shaun Everiss wrote:
You know this has popped up so much and I have decided that there
just isn't anymore.

Avast could have been a great program.

Nod32 was accessible up to a point, it aint now, vipre maybe, panda
antivirus maybe.

Sophos.

To be honest the fact so many lagit programs are being mistargeted,
forcing users like me to have to basically leave vast parts of the os
open to attack is a problem.

Some users have gone so far to exclude their drives from scanning and
that does in deed fix things.

On my new system I am just going to have to exclude my backup drive
from scanning because I just don't trust what windows defender will do.

As for the rest, I will have to restructure my drive, and exclude all
audio games, all portable apps, all apps, all user installed
programs the only things I will leave with programs in it are windows
and ms programs and my downloads folder and maybe make a folder for
unprocessed files and exclude that.

Basically to use my system securely I will have to exclude pritty
much half my c drive in order to not run into problems.

I may as well not use antivirus alltogether, but I have no choice,
there are just to many false positives to handle.

On 9/03/2018 3:14 p.m., Andrea Sherry wrote:
tried free version of AVG. Setup was difficult and I was not able to
control anything the program did after installation.

Is there anything better I could try?

Andrea

--

Casey