Re: Alternatives to wordpress.com?

Lino Morales

If you are asking a general question about blogging software this ain’t the place. You should ask if any work with NVDA.

Lino Morales

From: Robert Kingett
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 6:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: [nvda] Alternatives to wordpress.com?

I know about Dreamwidth and how accessible it is. Very, in fact, but I was wondering what other options do I have with web hosts that offer free options? Wordpress.com is fantastic but I want to explore a little.

I'm not looking to host my own server or wordpress.org install. I;m not looking to buy a domain or to maintain updates and everything myself. That's why I use wordpress.com instead of wordpress.org but Are there accessible versions of weebly?

Freewebs is an option, but I hosted a site years ago on it back when I had some vision. Has it gotten better or worse?

Weebly, Wix, and otherwise were very captivating to me. None of them are fully accessible. They are littered with unlabeled forms and buttons and frames that, for some reason, NVDA can't see. Squarespace is bad too!

So if anyone has any suggestions, reply! Or is wordpress.com the best option for now?

I never looked into droopal because I don't have my own domain.

If I ever wanted to look at a domain host though, any of you have any host suggestions?