Re: Anti Virus Program

Sarah k Alawami

I am also tempted to just turn off defender as it also gives me a lot of faulse stuff. And if the user is careful they shoudl be fine.

Take care

On Mar 9, 2018, at 7:40 PM, Shaun Everiss <sm.everiss@...> wrote:

Well for me its not, to be honest its detecting so many things I'd prefur if I didn't have any antivirus at all because basically most of what it detects are false alarms.

I really want to keep that to a minimum.

On 10/03/2018 3:50 p.m., Rosemarie Chavarria wrote:
Hello, Nimer,

I use windows defender and it works well for me.

Rosemarie

From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Nimer Jaber
Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 8:25 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Anti Virus Program

Hello,

Many tech experts now suggest that anti-virus programs should not be used, that Windows Security is good enough for most users, and that using other security software actually could leave your machine more vulnerable to attack. this is for home users, not for enterprise users, but for the average home user, the built-in security software is good enough, along with a router firewall and the one built into the OS, and proper surfing habbits such as not clicking on links and opening attachments in e-mails you do not know and trust. I don't know if I am ready to adopt this advice yet, but this is what many tech experts are recommending now.

As for me, I recommend Sophos. Sophos is focused on the enterprise market, and they have a very robust home version at this time that is nearly fully accessible from their web interface. it is a program i recommend highly. It has also been rated pretty highly by independent lab testing methodologies.

Thanks.

On Fri, Mar 9, 2018 at 9:18 AM Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...<mailto:blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> > wrote:

Actually, I was being sarcastic about the only way to stop getting infected.
A never used machine is very safe indeed.

Brian

bglists@... <mailto:bglists@...>
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal email to:-