Re: Alternatives to wordpress.com?

Brian's Mail list account <bglists@...>

No he asked about what accessibility was like in the other systems from what I read. There are two aspects to this of course how easy is it for a blind person to actually use it to make a site and the accessibility of the site afterwards.
I'm very surprised none of the screenreader makers have got into this area by now.
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.

----- Original Message -----
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 12:55 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Alternatives to wordpress.com?

If you are asking a general question about blogging software this ain’t the place. You should ask if any work with NVDA.

Lino Morales

Sent: Friday, March 9, 2018 6:34 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io<mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Subject: [nvda] Alternatives to wordpress.com?

I know about Dreamwidth and how accessible it is. Very, in fact, but I was wondering what other options do I have with web hosts that offer free options? Wordpress.com is fantastic but I want to explore a little.

I'm not looking to host my own server or wordpress.org install. I;m not looking to buy a domain or to maintain updates and everything myself. That's why I use wordpress.com instead of wordpress.org but Are there accessible versions of weebly?

Freewebs is an option, but I hosted a site years ago on it back when I had some vision. Has it gotten better or worse?

Weebly, Wix, and otherwise were very captivating to me. None of them are fully accessible. They are littered with unlabeled forms and buttons and frames that, for some reason, NVDA can't see. Squarespace is bad too!

So if anyone has any suggestions, reply! Or is wordpress.com the best option for now?

I never looked into droopal because I don't have my own domain.

If I ever wanted to look at a domain host though, any of you have any host suggestions?

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.