Re: bleeps when using explorer file list

Gene

I don't know what Windows 7 does to slow this down.  I don't see what indexing would have to do with it and, as I recall, it is off on my Windows 7 machine, which is slower when I look down a file list than XP.  The work around is to hold the Control key down while moving.  You won't be selecting anything and if a file is selected when you start to move, it will still be selected.  Once you get to a file you want to work with, release control, up and down arrow once so you return to the file you want to work with.  It is now the only selected file.

Sent: Saturday, March 10, 2018 12:28 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] bleeps when using explorer file list

Really though, I'm loading nothing, I'm just running up and down a list of
files from the fat after all. It only really needs to look at the files when
I perform an action on one surely?
 Never had this issue in xp.

Turned off indexing and it was like the wind.

 Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-