Voice settings spontaneously resetting to eSpeak

Howard <howard.lee.harkness@...>

I have been using N V D A for several years on behalf of a blind lady in Texas, who I now support remotely.

Recently, N V D A has been spontaneously returning to an eSpeak voice instead of her preference, which is the Microsoft Zira voice for the M S A P I 5. I have checked the "save settings on exit" but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

She has a slight hearing deficit that makes it more difficult to understand the "mechanical man" (her term), and has had to have me set it back to Zira several times in the last few weeks.

Is there a command sequence that I can put into a startup file that can force the choice of synth and voice?