Re: espeak and pronunciation of some words

Gene

Is this a new problem?  Are other things improved?  If this is a new problem and there are no improvements, maybe those who are trying to improve the dialect or variant should be asked, politely, and with appreciation for their efforts, to just leave things alone unless they have a good cadre of native born speakers of a certain dialect to evaluate proposed changes.  Wasn't there a lot of dissatisfaction with changes made a few versions of NVDA ago when a newer version of E-Speak was used?  It sounds to me as though whoever is making changes is making things Genearlly worse, even if this or that improvement may improve something.

Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 2:18 AM
Subject: Re: [nvda] espeak and pronunciation of some words

My voice is English America and variant is Max.

On 3/11/2018 3:15 AM, John Isige wrote:
Mine was Variant Max. Also shows up for all Ivans, John, and at least one of the Klats/Clats, I don't feel like checking them all. Voice is English America.

On 3/11/2018 1:10, John Isige wrote:
He was content with the content of the book. Both "contents" sound fine to me in that sentence. Nazarene is indeed wrong, it should sound like Nazareen but sounds like Nazaren, except the 'ren' part is accented. That would be a useful trick if you could reproduce it, but it's wrong here. Also, 'reproduce' sounds a bit more like 'riproduce' then 'reeproduce'.

On 3/11/2018 0:54, Governor staten wrote:
I'll try to describe this as best I can. Take the word "content". The stress in this word is wrong, or, very much off. This is the case with other words too. Nazarene should sound like Nazareen. I'm sure there are other words like this I, and others, could think of.

Any word with the letter "o" is likely to have the stress wrong. Monster is another example. This could just be me. Does anyone else hear what I'm hearing?