Re: Visual Studio add-on.

Pawel Urbanski <pawel@...>

Hi Mohammad,
I will try to think fo a workaround using texisting add-on code. I
spent some time reading the documentation for ENVDTE, which is the
automation library for Visual Studio exposed via a COM interface.

Do you think we could have a Skype call some time soon and plan some work?

On 5/2/16, mohammad suliman <mohmad.s93@gmail.com> wrote:
Pawel,
it is possible to fix that via an addon I think. we need a regular
expression to cut the positional info from the menu item name when it gains
focus.
I agree that this is a bug because, menu items should not be exposed that
way.

regards,
Mohammad

On 5/2/2016 5:19 AM, Pawel Urbanski wrote:
Hi Mohammad,
Thanks for your reply. Thinking about the first issue with the
intelisense...
Since we are overwriting the control, can't we use the value of the
suggested completion and use NVDA's speech / braille functions to say
it / display it?

I think, we could also file a bug report to Microsoft and describe the
issue behind it.

Greetings,
Pawel

On 5/2/16, mohammad suliman <mohmad.s93@gmail.com> wrote:
hello,
actually, writing an app module for visual studio is on my to do list.
regarding the problems you mentioned with Intelisense:
don't know if most users will find it better without announcing the
positional info of each possible completion menu item. the problem here
also is not NVDA, the problem is how the list / menu item is exposed.
the name of the menu item includes that positional info.
regarding second problem: yes, i think that it is better for us all to
not have that lengthy announcement after the completion list is closed.

best,
Mohammad
On 4/30/2016 4:31 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Ok, think have fixed those/the relevant errors - was my own mistake
since used a regular expression search/replace to strip out line
numbers when copied python script source from the gitHub page, but,
think have now fixed all the missing number values on line endings.

Still not rendering too much to me - file menu, new, project, and it
tells me it's the new project window, but, doesn't render any of the
internal controls in it.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-04-30 2:51 PM, Jacob Kruger wrote:
Syntax error on line 63 of devenv.py:
#start of snippet
VsVersion_None =
VsVersion_2002 =
VsVersion_2003 =
VsVersion_2005 =
VsVersion_2008 =
#end of snippet

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA

On 2016-04-30 12:52 PM, Pawel Urbanski wrote:
Will check the logs. Do you think you could find a while and as the
last thing copy and paste the errors in this thread?

On 4/30/16, Jacob Kruger <jacob@blindza.co.za> wrote:
Ok, if look in the NVDA log, it's still throwing up errors, so seems
there might be an issue with how extracted source for the devenv.py
file
to place in that path.

So, sorry, NVDA is still not rendering much to me in terms of VS.Net
2015, so can't help with anything relating to intellisense, etc.

Stay well

Jacob Kruger
Blind Biker
Skype: BlindZA
"Roger Wilco wants to welcome you...to the space janitor's
closet..."

On 2016-04-30 12:17 PM, Pawel Urbanski wrote:
Sounds like a good place. Telling it off the top of my head. Cannot
check it on the machine I am writing now.
But, getting back to my oryginal problem: how can we turn off
reading
item possition in the Intelisense popup? And then hearing all th
etime
the window title when we leave the popup after picking the function
/
whatever object...?

On 4/30/16, Jacob Kruger <jacob@blindza.co.za> wrote:
Ok, extracted python source.

Do I just place devenv.py in the following path?

c:\users\userName\appData\roaming\nvda\appModules

Thanks in advance

On 2016-04-30 11:36 AM, Pawel Urbanski wrote:
Hi Jacob,
The add-on is hosted at Github at the following URL:
https://github.com/ckundo/nvda/blob/master/source/appModules/devenv.py

The devenv.py is invluded by default with NVDA.

The new project wizard is quite OK ofr me. I am using Windows 10
64-bit. Or maybe I am skipping some elements without knowing
they are
on the screen since NVDA is not getting them either.

I like VS for the Intelisense support, which is very convinient
in
comparason to Eclipse. You just start typing and get the list of
suggestions without dancing by pressing Control+Space as it
happens
with Eclipse.

On 4/30/16, Jacob Kruger <jacob@blindza.co.za> wrote:
What is this VS 2015 add-on referred to, or is it just included
as
part
of NVDA itself?

Asking since also, at times, play around with VS.Net 2015
community
edition, but, for example, the new project dialogue doesn't
seem to
get
read/rendered by NVDA 2016.1 at the moment, and NVDA doesn't
always
want
to react to rest of environment either?

TIA

On 2016-04-30 9:37 AM, Pawel Urbanski wrote:
Dear Group,
I am currently working using Visual Studio 2015 - the latest
update.
Since Microsoft introduced the Visual Studio Community edition,
which
used to be Professional edition, we got a very nice IDE.
There is an NVDA add-on, which is installed by default that
enhances
NVDA and VS interoperability.
The features are rather complete, but I found 2 issues:
1. When Intelisense with code suggestions popup is read, NVDA
keeps
reading the number of items in a edit combo / list, which can
get
very
annoying / flustrating.
--- What is the way using code to silence reading this
attribute?
NVDA
has the opption of not reading item possition information. Can
we
apply it to individual controls?

2. When leaving the previously mentioned Intelisense popup,
NVDA
keeps
reading the window type / title, which is way too verbose when
you
are
coding and keep jumping from the editor to Intelisense all the
time.
--- Can we control this from the add-on code?

I am not familiar with Python on the daily basis, but can find
someone
to fix the code or do it myself if the changes are minor and
can
simply follow the documentation and do little trial and error.

Thanks for any hints and tips,
Pawel