Re: Registry fixing tool in nvda

Adriani Botez

Yes Gene this should solve it.

Von meinem iPhone gesendet

Am 12.03.2018 um 23:36 schrieb Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>:

Hi

Will yesterdays snapshot be able to fix what is in the ticket below.

I asked Brian but because he is say 12 hours behind us I might not know for a while.

NVDA stops reading webpages in all browser - saying "unknown" or "pane" (#2807)

The above is the ticket number.

If this is the case i know of a person who has contacted me with the what is described in the ticket. I am sure also she is using windows 10 but could get more info from her if needed.

I am hoping the next snapshot where the tool is under the tools menu might fix the problem or am i wrong?

She needs a way to register those files that are broken where it says unknown or pane.

Gene nz

On 3/13/2018 10:36 AM, Adriani Botez wrote:

This registry tool in NVDA only registers the required dlls for the accessibility API to comunicate properly with NVDA. You will not be able to edit your registry with it.

You can use CCleaner for that purpose.

Best

Adriani

Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Thu 08 Mar 2018 09:41:04 +1000
Installer: re-register some common COM interfaces which commonly get broken by bad uninstallers.
Raw diff
commit d3a9795e75cdbe9241d11eecb9a98fbe774a17f7
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 12:06:37 +1000
COMRegistrationFixes tool: add a backslash to the systemDrive. Also deremove some unused functions.
Raw diff
commit 3a5abd72a307fbe02779111dfee3bc5f5371345d
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 12:07:19 +1000
Add the COM Registrations Fixing tool to NVDA's Tools menu.
Raw diff
commit e1d79784de5f0b77343992e61b1fb811a9dc826e
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 15:43:05 +1000
Add a warning dialog to the COM Registration Fixing tool when run manually from the Tools menu.
Raw diff
commit 7c2e945533f7386b4b3142281e23009997f5d801
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:44:10 +1000
Add copyright header
Raw diff
commit 877362bde2e108fae69c067cb26bdd797843caa8
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:48:11 +1000
Add a module docstring
Raw diff
commit e550d32924b55272e05254eada58c9bb04fd1ae7
Author: Michael Curran <mick@...>
Date: Mon 12 Mar 2018 17:55:53 +1000
Incubates #8075
Raw diff