Entering Substitutes For ASCII Type Characters In Speech Dictionary Causes NVDA To Lock UP

Ron Canazzi

Hi Group,

On one list I am subscribed to, an individual using a foreign font or character set has a back slash in his address field.  With NVDA it reads \.  I looked up this expression and found it was a back slash symbol.  When I tried entering this expression into the NVDA speech dictionary and substituting back slash for the proper pronunciation, NVDA locked up.  I had to run Narrator and remove the item from speech dictionary to restore NVDA to usage.

Has anyone else noticed this issue and if so, is there a solution?  Thanks in advance.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"