Re: Entering Substitutes For ASCII Type Characters In Speech Dictionary Causes NVDA To Lock UP

Tyler Spivey

Sure. Just put two backslashes.

On 3/13/2018 7:55 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

On one list I am subscribed to, an individual using a foreign font or
character set has a back slash in his address field.  With NVDA it reads
\.  I looked up this expression and found it was a back slash
symbol.  When I tried entering this expression into the NVDA speech
dictionary and substituting back slash for the proper pronunciation,
NVDA locked up.  I had to run Narrator and remove the item from speech
dictionary to restore NVDA to usage.

Has anyone else noticed this issue and if so, is there a solution?
Thanks in advance.