Copying the path to a file

Ervin, Glenn

Hi All,

I came across a great Windows keyboard command on-line…

This will be useful for working with music files, like making a playlist, but sometimes I hate those browse boxes when it does not open into the folder where the file is, and you have to back out and find the folder where you are wanting to open or attach a file.

So when you have the folder open and you are on top of the file, do the following:

Shift + applications key

Then press the letter A.

This will put the entire path and file name into the clipboard, ready for pasting into that browse field.

This works with or without a screenreader.

Glenn

Glenn Ervin  Orientation Counselor II

Norfolk Nebraska

402 370 3436