From: "Ron Canazzi" <aa2vm@roadrunner.com>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 2:55 PM
Subject: [nvda] Entering Substitutes For ASCII Type Characters In Speech Dictionary Causes NVDA To Lock UP

Hi Group,

On one list I am subscribed to, an individual using a foreign font or character set has a back slash in his address field. With NVDA it reads &#92;. I looked up this expression and found it was a back slash symbol. When I tried entering this expression into the NVDA speech dictionary and substituting back slash for the proper pronunciation, NVDA locked up. I had to run Narrator and remove the item from speech dictionary to restore NVDA to usage.

Has anyone else noticed this issue and if so, is there a solution? Thanks in advance.

--
They Ask Me If I'm Happy; I say Yes.
They ask: "How Happy are You?"