From: "Tyler Spivey" <tspivey@pcdesk.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 3:23 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Entering Substitutes For ASCII Type Characters In Speech Dictionary Causes NVDA To Lock UP

Sure. Just put two backslashes.

On 3/13/2018 7:55 AM, Ron Canazzi wrote:
Hi Group,

On one list I am subscribed to, an individual using a foreign font or
character set has a back slash in his address field. With NVDA it reads
&#92;. I looked up this expression and found it was a back slash
symbol. When I tried entering this expression into the NVDA speech
dictionary and substituting back slash for the proper pronunciation,
NVDA locked up. I had to run Narrator and remove the item from speech
dictionary to restore NVDA to usage.

Has anyone else noticed this issue and if so, is there a solution?
Thanks in advance.