Re: constant refreshing of www.cordcuttersnews.com

Gene

This appears to be an example of what I discussed when firefox 57 came out.  the accessibility feature was removed that caused Firefox to warn when a page wanted to refresh or redirect to another page.  thee user could approve or not do anything and the refresh or redirection wouldn't occur. 
At the time, I said that those interested should send messages to those working on accessibility of Firefox.  I have no idea if anyone did.  there was an almost complete absence of comments concerning my message.  This was a major regression regarding accessibility.

Aside from that, if what I think is happening is happening, you may have to use a program like noscript or turn JAVA script support off before going to the page.  In general, refreshes can be stopped by not allowing scripts to run.  I'm not sure if the page is refreshing or if a region on the page is refreshing.  It might well not be necessary to do anything if the feature I discussed were still available and on.  I may see what happens when I use the page with the feature off and then on.  Others, of course, may want to do so as well.

Gene

----- Original Message -----
Sent: Tuesday, March 13, 2018 11:44 PM
Subject: [nvda] constant refreshing of www.cordcuttersnews.com

Hello guys. I go to this site daily to see the latest in cord cutting
and related stories. I couldn't say when this started, but, the site now
keeps refreshing or downloading something in the background. I can hear
status updates through NVDA beeping. When things refresh, I cannot hold
my place on the site.

This is probably easy to fix, but, I"m not sure how at the moment. I'm
using Firefox 59. It was doing this on Firefox 58 as well. I haven't yet
tried with Edge, Chrome or anything else. When I do, I will report back.
Any help with this is appreciated, and thanks to all in advance.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.