Adware / Malware removers that are accessible with NVDA

Giles Turnbull

Hi all,

somehow today I've picked up the adware that plays an audio warning that the computer mayh be infected with viruses and to contact Microsoft technical support on 'this number' for somebody who will help clean your computer (or bank account!)

Anyway, I ran adwcleaner and that didn't help so I wondered what other tools people had been able to use with NVDA.

Curiously this adware is only affecting Firefox ... Internet Explorer is not affected. I tried installing an earlier version over the current Firefox version I was using, but that just played the same malware. Adwcleaner did detect and remove some pup files but again to no effect.

any suggestions would be very welcome :)

Giles