From: nvda@nvda.groups.io [mailto:nvda@nvda.groups.io] On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:54 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Problem with old versions of Portable firefox

That isn't plausible.  I suspect some problem with your system.

I may try downloading the portable version again to see what happens.  I downloaded it perhaps two months ago and it works properly.  Do you have another computer to try it on?

Sent: Wednesday, March 14, 2018 6:38 PM

Thanks but even the ESR Portable version is now warning that Accessibility Features have been disabled wen I install it.

I understand the question somebody else posted last week about how could portable apps could now be made accessible.

It does look like Mozilla has pulled accessibility support on all it current portable downloads.

After installation I can access the menus and have been through all the options but can find no way to make even this ESR version accessible.

I can open a web page such as www.bbc.co.uk  using control L and the title of the window will say BBC home but there is no way to ;read any of the content in the resulting page or navigate using tab, or element shortcuts H for heading etc.

I got similarly zero feedback when I opened www.google.co.uk.

Firefox ESR and NVDA announces Google home but it is impossible to navigate to or read any of the web page or edit fields with NVDA.

NVDA does not even recognise the BBC Home page as a web page in this ESR portable version , if I try insert F7 for Elements list all that comes up is a message from Firefox asking me if I want caret browsing enabled.

For reference NVDA is still working normally with installed versions  of Waterfox and Chrome and Edge and even Internet Explorer.

I am on Windows 10 latest release and NVDA 2018.1

David Griffith

.

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/