Re: Firefox seems slower?

Mary Otten

Waterfox sounds interesting. Is there an easy way to get firefox bookmarks imported?

Mary

On 3/14/2018 9:30 PM, Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Someone did bring up the value of migrating to the Waterfox web browser sometime ago.  Well, I took Waterfox for a spin and I am converted.  I'm not sure if Waterfox uses the mozilla engine, but it seems to be faster and smoother and less cluttered than Firefox.  I tried it with both Jaws and NVDA, and NVDA came up tops.  You can't go far wrong if you at least give Waterfox a try.  Google for it.  If you are willing to get off your comfort zone and work with something different, you'll reap the nenifits immediately.  Anyway, there is not much of a difference in Waterfox's and Firefox's interface, so the learning curve isn't steep.  Cheers!

On 14/3/2018 8:12 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

Does anyone find that firefox is really slow?

I'm using nvda 2018.1.

As for firefox, I've tried all of the beta/ nightly channels, but chrome, seems to run alot faster.

Is it just the computer, or just me.