Re: Adware / Malware removers that are accessible with NVDA

Giles Turnbull

Hi Brian,

I'm using Firefox latest version 59. and no, there is no way to access any settings when the malware was playing. It plays continuously on a loop and you cannot close the page, cannot shut down Firefox and cannot access the settings! The only way to close down Firefox while the malware is running is to use Program Manager and find Firefox in the list of running applications and choose End Task from there.

I have actually managed to remove this malware by totally uninstalling Firefox from Add and Remove Programs in Control Pannel and then downloading the Firefox installer again using Internet Explorer. I have also installed Malaware free trial version and that did pick some unwanted malwares up and remove them, so any traces have hopefully been cleaned :)