Re: Tips for Using Thunderbird v52.6 with NVDA 2018.1?

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Kenny

The following page from off my website might help you also.

There are certain views that are better or recommended to use. Any how have a sus of the page at http://www.accessibilitycentral.net/accessible%20email%20client%20mozilla%20thunderbird.html

You can jump down by headings to any of the sections.

Gene nz

On 3/16/2018 8:32 AM, Kenny wrote:

I've finally decided to give up my Eudora Pro v7.1 email client for Thunderbird. I'm pleasantly surprised how accessible it is using NVDA 2018.1.

I'm now wanting to become more efficient in reading/navigating messages.

In JAWS, I simply created a frame for the Eudora Pro view message window that was automatically read each time I highlighted a new message subject using the up and down arrow keys.

If I wanted to read the entire message body, I just hit [Enter] on the subject. Very quick and efficient.

The message preview pain for Thunderbird doesn't seem to be readable though using the NVDA review cursor.

Is there any way to configure Thunderbird v52.6 in a way where I could quickly read the message body preview and jump to the next message in the conversation quickly?

I'm very new to both NVDA and Thunderbird, so any configuration tips, keyboard shortcuts etc suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.