Re: Other tool for solving the Verification Image

Mallard

Hello,

Yes, some time ago I did come across captchas that asked to tick all the images that fell into a given category. Beside the picture, though, there was a description or name of the image, and a checkbox. I found that sort of captcha very easy to handle. But after that particular case, I never saw anything so well thought out.

Ciao,

Ollie

Il 16/03/2018 08:19, Arno Schuh ha scritto:
Hi,

since some month there are more and more another kind of captchas around, that can't be resolved by WebVisum. I also thought to ask a volunteer at BeMyEyes but I have no idea how to reach the buttons.
These captchas i. e. ask for something like "Click on any pictures that shows an yellow flower/a car/a man" etc. Sometimes for my sighted brother it is even not easy to decide where to click on.
Did anybody came across such captchas and was able to solve it? Even with help from BeMyEyes?

Yours sincerely

Arno

Am Mittwoch, 14. März 2018 23:20 schrieb Giles Turnbull <giles.turnbull@...>:

The only Captcha tool I ever used was included with an early Twitter
client for the blind, called Qwitter. Sadly that vanished and there
was no equivalent when Qwitter evolved into The Qube. But what I do
use now is the iPhone and Android app Be My Eyes. It calls a human
volunteer who uses the rear camera on the phone to tell you whatever
you want ... such as the colour of a tshirt or what a Captcha image
says. I've used Be My Eyes twice today to assist when Windows was
doing an update and I didn't hear anything further (I realise that
I'd somehow turned the NVDA setting to start automatically when
logged in to Windows off). Obviously common sense applies - not
having any files open with login details to any accounts visible, but
you'd get an answer to your random letters test within the minute!
... And BME is free to install and use :)