Re: Tips for Using Thunderbird v52.6 with NVDA 2018.1?

mk360

You can select text with shift arrows in browse mode and copy with control NVDA c.

El 16-03-2018 a las 10:27, Kenny escribió:

Can this CCD add-on be configure to copy/append text to the clipboard from Browse mode? Using the review cursor is taking some getting use too. Highlighting information on web pages in browse mode is much easier for me.

On 3/15/2018 10:48 PM, mk360 wrote:
Try the "Clip Contents Designer" add-on.

El 15/03/2018 a las 23:38, John Isige escribió:
I don't think NVDA can do it, but you might consider a third party clipboard manager, I'm pretty sure they can. Warning! I haven't tried any of these so I have no idea if they're accessible, or even run under Windows 10, 64-bit or otherwise. I don't think they should break anything, but try them at your own risk.

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/5-tips-manage-windows-clipboard-like-pro/

On 3/15/2018 20:03, Kenny wrote:

Thanks for the heads up. I did get the Systray add-on. Still trying to get use to using the Winkey+b shortcut.

I'm really looking for a way to copy and append info onto the clipboard.

JAWS offered the [Insert+Ctrl+c] function to do this. Does NVDA offer this functionality? I tend to do this alot when creating my own cheat sheet for learning new programs (Like with NVDA.)

On 3/15/2018 4:57 PM, John Isige wrote:
Sure. You'll want Windows App Essentials definitely I think. There are some things that simulate functions of JFW, if you're used to that, e.g. the systray or system tray, forget what it's called, gives you NVDA-f11 which brings up a list like JFW. You don't need it, you can get to the system tray with Winkey-b I think, but I used it when I was starting out because I was so used to it in JFW, and just kept on using it.

There's also a place markers addon and a ... I don't remember what it's called, but it puts things in a window you can copy out of. Looks like it's called "virtual Revision". Basically I'd say have a look around the community addons site. They all have descriptions so you can see if they make sense, or just try a couple at a time and see what you like. For example, I installed "day of the week" once because I actually needed that functionality, but I found I only needed it that one time, so I got rid of it.

There are a few addons that are useful for specific things that aren't on the community addons site for some reason, the two I know offhand have to do with games. But the community addons are a good place to start because they're vetted by the community so you know there's nothing bad in them. I think that happened once, there was some addon, I forget what it did, supposedly gave you access to a bunch of synthesizers illegally maybe, but it turned out to be some sort of virus or such.

On 3/15/2018 15:47, Kenny wrote:

This add-on is fantastic! Makes navigating Thunderbird much quicker.

I don't have any NVDA add-ons installed other then this one.

Are there any other ones you can recommend that brings such functionality to NVDA?

I'm using the latest build of Windows 10 (64 bit.) NVDA 2018.1 is the build I'm using.

Thanks again for recommending this add-on.

On 3/15/2018 4:17 PM, John Isige wrote:
Here you go.

https://addons.nvda-project.org/addons/mozillaScripts.en.html

Either save it somewhere and then go and open it, or open it right from your browser, tell it to use NVDA to open it if it asks for a program. Tell NVDA you want to install it, restart NVDA when it asks you if you want to restart, done.

On 3/15/2018 14:49, Kenny wrote:

Do you know the name of this add-on? I should be able to track it down hopefully.

Never installed an add-on for an email client before, hope it's not difficult to do.

On 3/15/2018 3:42 PM, John Isige wrote:
I just hit enter on a message if I want to read it, but if you go to the community addons site, tools/manage addons and then hit the "get more addons" button, there's an addon for Mozilla stuff that does what you want, I think. I've never tried it because I don't use the preview pane at all, but I'm pretty sure it has something that reads it, a keystroke or whatever.

I can't think of any tips or keystrokes, it's pretty accessible out of the box so whatever it has for defaults should be fine. But I us it all the time and have for years, so if you've got any specific questions, I might be able to help with those.

On 3/15/2018 14:32, Kenny wrote:

I've finally decided to give up my Eudora Pro v7.1 email client for Thunderbird. I'm pleasantly surprised how accessible it is using NVDA 2018.1.

I'm now wanting to become more efficient in reading/navigating messages.

In JAWS, I simply created a frame for the Eudora Pro view message window that was automatically read each time I highlighted a new message subject using the up and down arrow keys.

If I wanted to read the entire message body, I just hit [Enter] on the subject. Very quick and efficient.

The message preview pain for Thunderbird doesn't seem to be readable though using the NVDA review cursor.

Is there any way to configure Thunderbird v52.6 in a way where I could quickly read the message body preview and jump to the next message in the conversation quickly?

I'm very new to both NVDA and Thunderbird, so any configuration tips, keyboard shortcuts etc suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.