Re: Remapping Keys

Gene

I'm not sure but it's a very bad idea.  The keys are used in screen review and object navigation.  If you change them, you will lose very importan functionality.  Have you learned to use screen review as designed and object navigation as designed?  It really isn't difficult to learn the NVDA commands and some of them are actually more convenient.  Read current line, just numpad 8 by itself, is more pleasant and convenient than numpad insert numpad 8.  It's usually better to use a screen-reader as designed no matter which one it is.  If you change things that are reserved for the screen-reader without knowing in detail how the screen-reader interface is designed, you run the risk of losing significant functionality.  NVDA isn't JAWS.  Try using it as NVDA.

Sent: Friday, March 16, 2018 9:30 AM
Subject: [nvda] Remapping Keys

Hi,

I use both Jaws and NVDA.

Is there a way to remap the numberpad keys to work like Jaws keys?

I would like the keys 2, 4, 6, and 8 to read line up and left, right and line down respectively, and the home, page up, end, and page down for the 1, 3, 7, and 9.

I would also prefer the zero key be used for changing these keys like Jaws does too.

If anyone has already done this, is there a way to import them to NVDA, maybe as an add-on?

Thanks.

Glenn Ervin  Orientation Counselor II

Norfolk Nebraska

402 370 3436