Re: Firefox seems slower?

Casey <cwollner@...>

Hi what is the best site to get this waterfox from and does it act just like firefox?

Like do you use the same command to open the address bar for entering A web site address?

On 3/16/2018 4:59 AM, Shaun Everiss wrote:
Well it uses the old firefox interface, in june this year firefox will shut down all its addons and other things so it can push everyone to use the web extention restricted framework.

Waterfox aparently doesn't do this, it doesn't have all the tracking and junk, of importance to users, it is not loaded with any mozilla system addons just language packs.

Its based on mozilla code and will move to its own codebase.

Depending on its accessibility after june etc and the porting of things depends what I do after that.

On 15/03/2018 5:30 p.m., Jaffar Sidek wrote:
Hi. Someone did bring up the value of migrating to the Waterfox web browser sometime ago.  Well, I took Waterfox for a spin and I am converted.  I'm not sure if Waterfox uses the mozilla engine, but it seems to be faster and smoother and less cluttered than Firefox.  I tried it with both Jaws and NVDA, and NVDA came up tops.  You can't go far wrong if you at least give Waterfox a try.  Google for it.  If you are willing to get off your comfort zone and work with something different, you'll reap the nenifits immediately.  Anyway, there is not much of a difference in Waterfox's and Firefox's interface, so the learning curve isn't steep.  Cheers!

On 14/3/2018 8:12 PM, Matt Turner wrote:
Hi folks.

Does anyone find that firefox is really slow?

I'm using nvda 2018.1.

As for firefox, I've tried all of the beta/ nightly channels, but chrome, seems to run alot faster.

Is it just the computer, or just me.

.

--

Casey