Re: Must be frustrating

Gene New Zealand <hurrikennyandopo@...>

Hi Quentin

Does the next snapshot with the tool need to be installed? When i have tried it i basically got the person to download it then start up the copy of nvda without installing it from the documentation screen that you get when you download it.

I then while it was talking got her to go into preferences of nvda then go down to tools then the com fixing tool. She then pressed the enter key on it a message came up and she said yes to it but she said it did not fix the problem.

Does it need to be installed for it to work or is that part of the tool not finished yet?

I will be getting her to day as well to save her log told her how to do it and also to set logging level to debug.

Hopefully we can get it fixed this time i will try going into command prompt and doing it that way. I guess as long as i can see or hear the problem i can tell if it is the same. Hopefully the above does or i will have to guide her to start the remote add on so i can have a sus.

Gene nz

Hi Debra,

How did you go with Gene's suggestion?

The only other thing I can think of is especially since you mention Windows 10 had just been installed, have you checked for updates on Windows and kept going until there are no more updates?  There have been points where various parts of Windows such as the start menu and context menu wouldn't read, although we endeavoured to get them working again as soon as possible.

Otherwise, feel free to send me a log and I'll see if I can get anything useful from there.  See https://github.com/nvaccess/nvda/wiki/LogFilesAndCrashDumps for info about the log.

Quentin.

On Fri, Mar 16, 2018 at 1:14 PM, Debra Gardner <dgardner18@...> wrote:
Well, I am at a loss as far as NVDA is concerned.  I have the latest update for both Windows 10 and NVDA  and it still doesn't see taskbar, start menu, context menus, and web pages.  I was afraid it was just me, but I installed it on a friend's computer that had just had Windows 10 re-installed and although it recognizes the taskbar and start menu, it does _not recognize web pages and just goes silent.  The frustrating part for the developers I would think is that this problem isn't something that is across the board on everyone's windows 10 computer.  Some people seem to be doing quite nicely from what I'm seeing on this list.  I'm just fortunate not to have to depend on NVDA, but my friend does  and I will have to find a work-around  for when she wants to go on the web..

--
Quentin Christensen
Training and Support Manager

Twitter: @NVAccess