Re: IntelliJ Idea and PyCharm with NVDA

Jaffar Sidek <jaffar.sidek10@...>

Hi.  Which Java version are you running?  Do you have Java's windows access bridge enabled?  I am using Android studio which is based on the free version of IntilleJ with a fair amount of success, though accessibility could be better.  Only NVDA will work propperly with IntelliJ, though I'm not sure about the other IDE.  Cheers!

On 17/3/2018 7:23 AM, Tony Malykh wrote:
Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if these two IDEs are accessible with NVDA? I've heard on another mailing list that they are somewhat accessible, but when I tried to run IntelliJ Idea,, it brings me to "Welcome to IntelliJ Idea", and this window appears to be empty, NVDA doesn't see any control elements or menus. If someone figured out a way to make either of them accessible, please let me know.

I'm using Windows 10 and NVDA 2018.1. I enabled java access bridge both in control panel and IntelliJ Idea's JRE from the command line with not much luck.

Thanks

Tony