Forcing NVDA 2018.1 to Treat a Poorly Classed Window the Right Way?

Kenny <kwashingtonbox@...>

Is there a way to have NVDA 2018.1 read a poorly classed window as a known class?

Like a window that presents info in a list view layout, but NVDA default settings doesn't recognize it. NVDA reads the displayed information improperly.

Can I force it to read the window as a list view? Are there any configurations I can set on a per program basis?

If so, how do I go about doing this? Let's use the Windows Notepad application in your example.

Thanks.