Re: Question About Windows 10 Weather App

John Isige

I keep asking this, because I keep not getting an answer. What are you
talking about? I've gone through two major updates, Anniversary and
Creators, and in each case, other than some things like file
associations being reset which is a little annoying yeah, all my stuff
is there, and Windows acts like Windows. I keep hearing that these
massive changes and reinventions are happening and its just playing hell
with the blind community, and I'm sorry, I'm just not seeing it. Do you
have any actual examples? Because you make it sound like Windows changes
into an entirely new operating system that you have to learn all over
again every three months or so, and that just ain't so.

On 3/17/2018 4:45, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io wrote:
I do find increasingly though, that people who use windows 10, are now
getting a bit fed up with Microsoft making their experience different
every few months. For the sighted, not more than a moan at the moment
due to the time it takes to reload windows, but for blind people there
seems to be a tendency, at least in home use to try to stop the thing
doing these massive updates. In the end of course they will find that
the version they are running is almost as bad as xp, as it will not
get patched.
I really do think that Microsoft really needs to have a supported
product that can be maintained without the constant re invention of
it. I think it obviously puts us at a disadvantage and annoys users
generally to keep on reinstalling new versions.
I know there is little we can do about the choices Microsoft have
made, but if this were possible it would also mean that nvda could
have its add ons stable for those users.

While I'm on a roll, exactly why are we going with this new version of
WX, and indeed why cannot the writers of an improved version make its
use transparent so it can be just plugged into old code and work?
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-