Re: HELP! Windows can't update

John Covici

I think that is correct. I have a .zip file of my WE cd, but its on
another drive, so make sure you don't have even a .zip file containing
WindowEyes on your main drive. Now I have WindowEyes actually
installed and Windows does update successfully, I was able to get
2018.02 update.

On Sat, 17 Mar 2018 13:25:53 -0400,
David Griffith wrote:

I saw this problem on another list and it turned out that bizarrely even if you have completely removed Window Eyes from your system doing a uninstall etc you can still have problems if there is any trace of a Window Eyes setup file
present on the drive. I have my old Window Eyes files on another secondary drive so I have not personally come across this problem.

This problem persisted even though the lister explained that his old Window Eyes setup files had been compressed into an archive, I cannot remember if it was a zip or rar file.

So Window Eyes was not installed and the old setup files were having no impact on his system at all, but he could not proceed with his Windows 10 upgrade until he had removed these old compressed setup files from the drive.

I imagine the same problem exists if you have any setup files for Window Eyes anywhere.

Once he had removed them though he was able to proceed.

Pretty odd but that is what he reported.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog