Re: Voice settings spontaneously resetting to eSpeak

Howard <howard.lee.harkness@...>

She says it only happens when she re-boots. I corrected it again today, and checked the preferences box to tell it to save settings. I will try the ctrl key + nvda key + the letter C  next time I log in remotely.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 4:27 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists@...> wrote:
Could she be using the synth ring key combinations accidentally somehow?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-
briang1@..., putting 'Brian Gaff'
in the display name field.
----- Original Message ----- From: "Howard" <howard.lee.harkness@...>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Sunday, March 11, 2018 1:45 AM
Subject: [nvda] Voice settings spontaneously resetting to eSpeak

I have been using N V D A for several years on behalf of a blind lady in Texas, who I now support remotely.

Recently, N V D A has been spontaneously returning to an eSpeak voice instead of her preference, which is the Microsoft Zira voice for the M S A P I 5. I have checked the "save settings on exit" but that doesn't seem to make any difference.

She has a slight hearing deficit that makes it more difficult to understand the "mechanical man" (her term), and has had to have me set it back to Zira several times in the last few weeks.

Is there a command sequence that I can put into a startup file that can force the choice of synth and voice?

--

Howard Lee Harkness
918-416-1420