From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene New Zealand
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 7:27 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] HELP! Windows can't update

Hi

I am not a window eyes user but came across the following on there website at https://www.gwmicro.com/Support/Downloads/?fileNo=1114

It says it is for the following Window-Eyes Emergency Removal Utility

This other link even though it is a manual one says to use the above tool and it looks like it gives you directions to do it at http://www.gwmicro.com/Support/Knowledge_Base/?kbnumber=GWKB1060
Hope the above helps.

Gene nz

On 3/18/2018 6:25 AM, David Griffith wrote:

I saw this problem  on another list and it turned out that bizarrely even if you have completely removed Window Eyes from your system doing a uninstall etc you can still have problems if there is any trace of a Window Eyes  setup file present on the drive. I have my old Window Eyes files on another secondary drive so I have not personally come across this problem.

This problem persisted even though the lister explained that  his old Window Eyes setup files had been compressed into an archive, I cannot remember if it was a zip or rar file.

So Window Eyes was not  installed and the old setup files were having no impact on his system at all, but he could not proceed with his Windows 10 upgrade until he had removed these old compressed setup files from the drive.

I imagine the same problem exists if you have any setup files for Window Eyes anywhere.

Once he had removed them though he was able to proceed.

Pretty odd but that is what he reported.

David Griffith

My Blind Access and Guide dog Blog
http://dgriffithblog.wordpress.com/
My Blind hammer Blog