Re: My initial experience using NVDA with Skype 8

Hmmm well While I like skype7 for what it is its not all that cool really.

If new skype is becoming a web based uwp page thingy and if I can get used to it, giving that nvda's strength is web elements then maybe things are changing for the better.

On 18/03/2018 2:18 p.m., Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
Hi,
I recently updated Skype to the new Skype 8 via Ninight. I did just gave NVDA a try, and I must say, I'm quite satisfied with how NVDA performs (haven't try going into the settings yet though). The fact that NVDA treats Skype as a web page means I can just press the e key to jump to the message edit box, without having to tab around, which I find quite annoying in Skype 7. Also, once I exit the focus mode on the message edit field, I'm able to use the up/down arrow keys to review the messages in the chat, which is once again more convenient than tabbing around.
However I do miss the ability to set custom hotkeys, notifications when someone signs in or sends a message, and the list of pending contact requests though.
At first, I thought NVDA would work horribly with the new Skype, judging by a thread about this on the list earlier but my experience seems to prove otherwise.
But if I'm on Windows 10, I'll still use the Skype UWP as it's preinstalled.

Join nvda@nvda.groups.io to automatically receive all group messages.