Re: My initial experience using NVDA with Skype 8

does nvda 2016.4 support it?
i decided to use this version of nvda forever!

Hmmm well While I like skype7 for what it is its not all that cool really.

If new skype is becoming a web based uwp page thingy and if I can get
used to it, giving that nvda's strength is web elements then maybe
things are changing for the better.

On 18/03/2018 2:18 p.m., Supanut Leepaisomboon wrote:
Hi,
I recently updated Skype to the new Skype 8 via Ninight. I did just gave
NVDA a try, and I must say, I'm quite satisfied with how NVDA performs
(haven't try going into the settings yet though). The fact that NVDA
treats Skype as a web page means I can just press the e key to jump to the
message edit box, without having to tab around, which I find quite
annoying in Skype 7. Also, once I exit the focus mode on the message edit
field, I'm able to use the up/down arrow keys to review the messages in
the chat, which is once again more convenient than tabbing around.
However I do miss the ability to set custom hotkeys, notifications when
someone signs in or sends a message, and the list of pending contact
requests though.
At first, I thought NVDA would work horribly with the new Skype, judging
by a thread about this on the list earlier but my experience seems to
prove otherwise.
But if I'm on Windows 10, I'll still use the Skype UWP as it's
preinstalled.

--
By God,
were I given all the seven heavens