From: <ely.r@comcast.net>
To: <nvda@nvda.groups.io>
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 5:10 PM
Subject: [nvda] HELP! Windows can't update

Afternoon All,
Let's start with the fact that forever, I was a WindowEyes worshiper.
Second, this is not specifically an NVDA issue. The move to Windows ten went
without a hitch. However, new updates have failed. The problem stated by the
updater, was that I had incompatible software that the updater could not
remove, and that I had to do this manually. The program listed was
WindowEyes. When I moved to that other screen reader, I did a standard
removed of WE and it no longer is listed as an installed program. Went and
did a computer wide search of as many iterations of WindowEyes and GW Micro
that I could think up. I did find some lingering fragments of WE and removed
them as well. Here I am and the Windows updater has the same issue.

The only place I can think of that has WE fragments left is the registry.
Even my nephew who worked as a school tech support person won't edit that.
So much of what info there is about registry cleaners does not make me
smile. I have used Wise Registry Cleaner once and with success. I used it as
it appeared to be the most trusted by folks writing reviews on line. However
it is generally inaccessible with two screen readers. I feel that I was just
lucky the time I used it. Here on the list, members have talked about C
Cleaner, but again the online comments about it and any registry cleaner are
mixed at best.

There be my problem! Is there anybody out there with a solution that is
nonthreatening to my registry? ?.
Thanks for any ideas and I hope the luck of the Irish will bring me a pot of
golden assistance,
Rick

Dr. Rick Ely
TVI, Vision Consultant