From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Brian's Mail
list account via Groups.Io
Sent: Sunday, March 18, 2018 5:41 AM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] HELP! Windows can't update

Hmm what I would do, and assuming this program will work is this. Windows 10
is presumably the 64 bit version. What was on the machine previously?

Can you still get back?
If yes then do so, put back window Eyes, and use Revo the old version to do
a maximum scanned uninstall, where it can take away loose registry entries.

if avast has ever been on the system get rid of it with the avast cleaner
program. Do your upgrade to windows 10. Now things should work.
I had both these issues on my now long dead desktop that ran Windows 7 when
I upgraded it to 10. However it failed when it tried to install the first
updates straight after the initial update to 10, so rolling it back was
easy, if a little long winded.
Otherwise you could try removing window eyes and avast if its there in
windows 10 with revo, but I don't know if it can run. Because windw eyes is
32 bit the free old version has no issues removing it.
Avast is still the cleaner program.

Are you definitely sure the problem is the window eyes software? In my case
it was the freeby Microsoft gave away with Office for a while and so I was
surprised Microsoft had not figured out how to remove it properly!

I expect others will be along to suggest other things though.
Brian

bglists@blueyonder.co.uk
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-