Re: Voice settings spontaneously resetting to eSpeak

Howard <howard.lee.harkness@...>

It appears that the CTRL + N V D A key + C worked. However, I also updated her N V D A to the latest version, so that may have made a difference. The voice confirmed that the settings were saved, and the voice setting stayed with her preference when she shut down and then rebooted. Thank you for the help!

On Sat, Mar 17, 2018 at 6:41 PM, Gene <gsasner@...> wrote:
That isn't clear.  If she unloads NVDA and runs it without rebooting, are the settings kept?  Where does NVDA save its settings in the installed version?  We know the portable version doesn't save them in the registry but what about the installed version?  If settings are retained when the screen-reader is unloaded and then run again without rebooting and if the settings are lost when a reboot is done, that implies, at least to me, that settings are kept in the registry and that there is a prroblem keeping the registry from retaining the settings.  We'll see what others say and how things develop.

From: Howard
Sent: Saturday, March 17, 2018 6:22 PM
Subject: Re: [nvda] Voice settings spontaneously resetting to eSpeak

She says it only happens when she re-boots. I corrected it again today, and checked the preferences box to tell it to save settings. I will try the ctrl key + nvda key + the letter C  next time I log in remotely.

On Sun, Mar 11, 2018 at 4:27 AM, Brian's Mail list account via Groups.Io <bglists=blueyonder.co.uk@groups.io> wrote:
Could she be using the synth ring key combinations accidentally somehow?
Brian

bglists@...
Sent via blueyonder.
Please address personal E-mail to:-