From: nvda@nvda.groups.io <nvda@nvda.groups.io> On Behalf Of Gene
Sent: Monday, March 19, 2018 7:09 PM
To: nvda@nvda.groups.io
Subject: Re: [nvda] Choosing a Laptop

Can it be turned off by just pressing the numpad?  If so, then saying this feature is one that comes from a company that holds its users in contempt is a real overstatement.  How much trouble is it to press the numlock after rebooting?  If the numpad can't be turned off, that's far more serious.  It has nothing to do with contempt, however.  Manufacturers are always looking for a competitive edge.  Products may be degraded in some way for convenience, or  from a blind users perspective for convenience of the general user.